Friday, December 25, 2009

Do you believe in traditional marriage or freedom in marriage?

You believe we should keep it the way it is. Opposite sex, kids, etc etc. (the ';procreation'; concept) (Try to improve on unwanted pregnancies and high divorce rate)





OR





freedom in marriage where people of the same sex can enjoy the benefits heterosexual couples do. polygamists should also be able to marry as well as you can marry anything, unlimited, etc etc as long as you have consent.





What's your call?





Please don't insult anyone because of what they believe in. Remember, you can't have everything your way.Do you believe in traditional marriage or freedom in marriage?
Ha nice tag line.





I believe that hetero-sexual couples and homo-sexual couples should have the same rights and be able to adopt. I'm fine with tax breaks, medical care, poa, ect ect.





I would just prefer that homo-sexual unions are called ';civil unions'; because I believe marriage is between one man and one woman. They still have the right to say that they're a couple or they're joined.





That is what I would prefer. However, as I have said many times before and will say now...I have better things to fight over than a definiition of a word. Health care for all! NHC!!!





Good luck!Do you believe in traditional marriage or freedom in marriage?
Does traditional marriage also include no inter-racial marriage, because I believe that was how it was for a long time too. Marriage can evolve to include homosexual couples, just like it evolved to include inter-racial couples. As far as Goats and Poygamists couples I'm not sure about that one, but who knows some day we as a society might be even open to that. So if I had to choose between traditional bigoted marriage or freedom marriage I would go with freedom.
Freedom.





Yes, even polygamists...as long as the woman is 18, just like in the real world of laws. Sad though, because growing up in that atmosphere would have you pretty brainwashed into thinking it's cool to marry a grandpa.





Here's a thought I saw on a poster in a rally lately:





';Britney Spears and Jason Alexander...55 hours.


Carmen Electra and her new husband...9 days.


Drew Barrymore and Jeremy Thomas...19 days.





Eric and Walter....6 years. And WE threaten marriage?';
I believe in traditional marriage... but I don't think it is my ';right'; to control the way that anyone else chooses to live.





We all have ';free-will'; and the option to make our own choices. For the people who don't agree with my traditional views- I don't think I have the right or responsibility to decide whether or not their way of life is okay.





So to all the people who believe they have the ';right'; to decide who should and should not be married.... I pose this question: ';Who made you God?';





To each their own- whether I agree with their life style or not.
To each their own. I am all for same-sex marriage and think it should be legal. I just don't get why people think they shouldn't be allowed that right. As far as polygamy, it's not for me but if the people involved are for it, than why not. As long as they are happy and can live with their choices.
Traditional as opposed to polygamy but I think if homosexual couples want to be married they should be able to.
traditional marriage
Traditional marriage. I would not want to lay with a man that was just with someone else.
I believe that marriage should be between one and one.





Male and male, male and female or female and female. (or whichever sex they call themselves in which stage of transition they are in)





I believe these kinds of unities should have all equal rights and benefits. There are been many arguments for and against this, but in my eyes I see the arguments against it being more petty. (not trying insult). I feel like arguments for are more reasonable and ';make sense';.





Arguments against include things like messing up the definition of marriage, well there actually wasn't a definition of marriage the way we see it now until recently. It was never narrowed down to one man, one woman, blah blah blah.





Homosexuals aren't trying to destroy marriage, destroy the family name, or even convert people to being gay. That's the last thing they want to do, honestly. They just want the chance to have the same rights as everyone else when it comes to their loved ones.





Gay people can have kids as well, whether through IVF, adoption, etc. If you think all kids of gay parents are gay, that's just wrong. Almost 98% of gay people today have two straight parents. How does that work out? You aren't gay because you mom or dad or aunt or whatever was gay and you thought it looked cool.





Why would anyone CHOOSE to be a minority and get treated like ****? Just my opinion. I don't understand why such a large amount of people would CHOOSE that for themselves.





Parents don't teach their children sexual preference, they teach them love.





Any way I'm getting off topic, but I'm not trying to. All I'm trying to say is that homosexual marriage isn't ';out to get anyone'; they just want to see their loved on in the hospital if they were in a crash, and such things like that.





Some people argue, why don't they find happiness in just being with each other and ';pretending'; to be married and all that. I think some same-sex couples would be fine with not getting ';married'; per se, its just the commitment benefits that go with it. Marriage is a event when you commit yourself to the one you love. Too almost publicly show it to your family and friends, so to be denied that is almost rude.





My question is WHY NOT?


Beyond the religion, beyond the definition, and beyond the immature fears that gay people are going to TURN YOU or your family or friends gay.

No comments:

Post a Comment