Thursday, December 31, 2009

How hard was your first year of marriage?

Everyone says the first year of marriage is the hardest, but no one says HOW hard it is. I have been married 11 months, I would just like to get an idea of how other people's experiences have been to see if the trials we have been through are normal and surmountable. Thank you!How hard was your first year of marriage?
The first year was hard especially because my husband and I lived in two different homes right up until the day we got married. We both had our own place and then we bought a house together 2 months after our wedding. Our problems the first year was his refusal to clean up and he wasnt giving me enough attention. The first year is the hardest because you have to go from just being boyfriend and girlfriend to married and its different. These are normal issues and Ive been with my husband 10 years. But now is the time to tell him how you are feeling so he knows.How hard was your first year of marriage?
Well, we've been married ten months, and so far it's been very easy. We get along well, have had only one major fight, are very compatible, and are enjoying our life together. If this is the hardest it gets, we're home free! Maybe the difference is that my husband and I are middle-aged (though a first marriage for both of us). We already know ourselves well, are financially stable, emotionally mature.
My husband and i have been happily married 18 yrs and neither 1 of us has ever found married life hard at all not even from the beginning our marriage and i guess its because we have always gotten along great and rarely fight.





Everybody says married life is hard work but i dont see it that way at all.
I'd have to say the first year is the easiest. I'm not quite sure why most people say it's the hardest...perhaps, it's due to the fact that most people put their best foot forward while dating, but think they can finally be themselves once they're married? Better to be yourself from the beginning, so that everyone knows what they're getting themselves into.
The first year of my marriage was very difficult. We had cars break down, lost jobs, a serious illness,and had a baby 5 days after our first anniversary, plunging us into debt. In fact, things are still hard, there's never enough money, and always another bill to pay. However, I know that is not my husband's fault. We love each other, and work together and bear in mind that it will get better, because it can't possibly get worse. I've always heard the first 5 years of marriage are the hardest.


I think it's to weed out the weak.
I am now married for the second time and had to put up with my husband's mother all the time. If she wasn't calling us almost 3 times a day she would have to know where I was every minute of the day. If my husband would take me shopping and buy me something we could not tell her. She would get mad if he spent money on me. She would treat us like we are 12 years old. She is a very nosy woman. We are now living in a different state and thank God for that. We will soon be married 6 years.
Between hubby %26amp; I, it has been a joy without many difficulties that we could not overcome with simply talking with each other. Now the ex wife and adult children have attempted to cause drama that we did not welcome. The past baggage so to say is the only true issues we have had since marrying going on 3 years ago. We did nip the drama in the bottom though by moving a little further away. :-) As long as we can always continue to be able to talk with each other, I feel we can last for as long as forever is.





Mary in Camden, MI
oh YES!! first year is extremly hard. my husband and i have been married almost 6months and lately we have fought almost daily. most of it is over stupid petty stuff that we cant even remember a couple days later what we fought about. but it seems that when we argue about something small it turns into a huge rediculous fight. i think what makes the fight get big is when we dont agree with eachother and we try harder and harder to get the other one to see our point of you. i dont even understand why we do this, we lived together for 1 1/2 years before marriage so i thought we got all of the adjusting out of the way. i think what makes the first yr of marriage difficult is because now your kinda ';stuck';. its not easy to just break up and move on. my husband and i are crazy in love. have sex daily, sometimes more.. always affectionate and when we're not fighting you would think we have a perfect marriage. i'm not worried about all the fighting we do, because if i thought our marriage was in trouble i doubt both of us would still be so in love, and enjoy eachother's company. we've also had a lot go on since our marriage. we moved into a new home 2wks after the wedding, then ended up relocating to a different state after the first move then we got pregnant and had a miscarriage, and we've had some financial trouble. so things have been crazy since our wedding. i think that adds stress. but i'm looking towards the future and each time we fight we try and improve the way we fight so we fight more fairly the next time. its kinda like ironing out the wrinkles in your marriage
i got pregnant right away, i was so ill, we had to move across country,


his mom had a fit because she figured i stole her son, we had to sell our only mode of transportation a motor cycle, he was still in college,


but still had to work, we found an apt, the heater blew black soot all over our place, landlord wouldnt fix it, so while i am in the hosp my husband moves us out, new apt. wasnt ready because he spent all his time on foolishness and we had to stay at his moms for 2 weeks.


i felt so unwelcome, when i told him how i felt he said then go to a women's shelter--his own wife and child, it was sad, plus it was a high risk pregnancy. i can't believe i survived it, but by our first anniversary we walked to a nice restarant, still married many yrs later.
Wasn't hard for me at all. It's not supposed to be hard unless you don't know each other at all. I believe it should be as easy as saying ';I Do';. if either of those was hard then maybe you shouldn't be married? I don't mean to sound critical but it seems if your online asking about how the first year is,then your not happy in yours? I mean asking strangers?
um, incredibly hard!!! i'm on 1 year 9 months and have a 6 month old baby. we're trying to stay together, it's been so hard. but honestly, only now am i starting to feel reconnected with him. we have a long way to go, but i finally feel like there's a possibility this might work. and trust me, i've been ready to walk out the door a thousand times already. hang in there...
The first year was one of the easiest and I've been married for 19 years. Life gets harder and harder and the demands make it make more difficult. If you're having trouble in your first year, you are in for a long rocky road.
I didn't think the first year was that hard. The second year was hardest, but a lot of that had to do with financial stress around that time.
I hate marriage. I want another man!
sucked balls.





But this my last year, and it will be a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment