Monday, December 28, 2009

What is so wrong/bad about a marriage that is an equal partnership?

Is it a fear of loss of control? Is is a need for control that makes men want a submissive wife?


I can verify that there is nothing better than marrying a friend who is an equal partner.What is so wrong/bad about a marriage that is an equal partnership?
I completely agree, I grew up with a physician mother and I had an ideal childhood. Both my parents were respected professionals and warm, loving parents and partners. They both did the domestic chores. We would play board games every night and travel twice a year. My wife and I are best friends. I couldn't be happier. These guys are just completely miserable.What is so wrong/bad about a marriage that is an equal partnership?
I don't see that there is anything wrong with it at all. And I believe that many men would prefer an equal partnership in a relationship. However, it is not for me to say that's the way all relationships should be. There are probably men and women who prefer to be in a secondary role. If that is the role they prefer and they have a partner who is willing to take the lead, then they should be allowed to divide the responsibilities in their marriage as they desire.
Nothing, that's the best kind of relationship.


See, many people have control issues, they have to have control of their lovers, to feel better about themselves.


All couples are different and they should have a relationship that works best for them,traditional works best for many and non-traditional can work too, depending on the couple.
There is nothing wrong with it if it is what you like, and what your wife likes. it's only wrong if you hanker for something else and are disatisfied with it.





Personally, I find equality extremely boring, the last thing I want is an equal relationship, it is the death of passion as far as I am concerned. But if it makes you and your wife happy then good for you.
Your suppositions are, I believe , correct. Men are brainwashed in this country, and many others, to be ';macho';.


It's a myth, of course, if a man is human and in touch with his feelings, and more importantly, can share them with his wife and friends, he not only gains emotional support, he increases the chances that when tragedy comes....and it will, he'll be able to cope and survive.The truly strong silent type, if there are such creatures, aren't worth marrying. Who wants a husband that's about as comforting as a scarecrow?
What's wrong is your complete misunderstanding of the most basic things. Life is not a business and marriage is not a partnership. Marriage, aka holy matrimony, is an honorable estate, a mystical union; in other words, a sacrament. As separation of church and state cuts both ways, your attempt to redefine marriage in liberalese terms is both arrogant and ignorant. Save such stuff for your next NOW jamboree.
I wouldn't be happy in an unequal relationship. For a while my husband worked full time and I was a SAHM, and now it's the other way around. I know how hard he works with the kids because I've done it too. But it's a bit harder for him because like so many men he grew up in a culture where the man is supposed to provide for his family, and that's currently my job.





I can't imagine anything more tedious than a relationship with someone who wasn't my equal.
Nothing is wrong with an equal partnership. In my marriage, my husband and I are a team, we just have different duties. Who is the saying that doing the household chores and caring for the children is a lesser job than my husbands? It is equally as important. He makes the money, I make our house a home. We cannot live without eachother. We are a team with different jobs.
Nothing wrong with it imo. That's the way healthy relationships work.





BTW there have always been controlling men and women. Men don't own controlling behavior, by any stretch.





EDIT, i can see that in your world a man whose wife is submissive is a bad man.





What if the husband is submissive to the wife?





Is she bad?





Do you understand that one partner being dominant is natural?
You know something I obey my husband; meaning I do as I am told. However, I don't always agree with him; often times we agree to disagree. In our marriage the balance shifts around quite a bit; it doesn't always stay the same. At times I have more dumped on me than what he does; other times he has more dumbed on him; than what I do; depending upon what's going on. Yet, in the end we pull through it walking hand in hand.**Shameful isn't it that some are so quick to judge when so said person(s) don't fit into others scope of thinking.
there is no equal partnership,he does the house work and she stay watching soaps.





men have to stay home while their wives cheat.





I call that pathetic.








btw not only men are controlling,women can be more controlling than men,and even though men are the boss(not women) women want to be the boss.
When its all said and done, Id rather spend my life w/ someone that is my friend, someone that I respect and who respects me. Where I fall short, he ex cells, vice versa. How awesome it is on those fumbly sex days when you both can laugh about it, together.
Yeah, uh huh. I'd like to see a woman who thinks she is ';equal'; in a marriage. Most are too busy telling the husband what to do. :) Sorry ladies, he made me do it! BTW I'm attracted to a strong intelligent woman.
There's nothing wrong with it. It brings a lot of joy into the relationship.





Men who want submissive wives are WEAK MEN. It makes them feel bigger to have someone to step on.
There is nothing wrong or bad, just very rare, consider yourself a very fortunate man! =P
Nothing is wrong with it. Men of quality aren't afraid of a woman seeking equality.
Nothing, as long as you complement one another in my opinion.
Nothing. Some people just don't believe it's possible.
I think it is the best way to find happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment