Thursday, January 21, 2010

Did you say anything to your boyfriend about engagement/marriage before he propose?

Or was it a total surprise when he proposed? What kind of things did you talk about (marriage wise) before he proposed? Did you ask him if he was going to propose or if he's planning to marry you or not?Did you say anything to your boyfriend about engagement/marriage before he propose?
We had talked about it for a long time before he proposed. probably too much because he wasn't nervous about asking, cos he knew I would say yes, and I wasn't really suprised when he did it.


I think it's important to know that you both have the same goal of one day marrying, but don't talk about it too much. while his proposal was VERY sweet, I do wish it was more of a suprise.Did you say anything to your boyfriend about engagement/marriage before he propose?
He was the first to bring the subject up, telling me where he saw it going and I was thrilled that he shared the same vision of our future as I did. I think we both just sort of already knew early on where it was headed, it didn't take long for me to fall head-over-heels for him and know that he was the one. From what he tells me, it was the same way for him, it just clicked and he knew. We are both planning on marrying one another, but we are waiting until my University education has been completed. I know that it is coming, I think I have a general idea of when but as for more details than that, I am clueless and like it that way.
Not quite so directly, but I did ask what he thought our future held, what his long term plans were. And we both had an understanding that we were in it for the long haul.





I don't think it's necessary to dissect every detail, but you should talk about your future before you make a commitment like becoming engaged.
She proposed to me. She had no plan, she just blurted it out. We had only dated 5 weeks, but ';just knew'; we were meant for each other. I picked her up after her work at midnight. She was Head Nurse on the OB floor, and had a very bad day. Lost several patients. She didn't even want to go out, just wanted me to take her home. I talked her into getting takeout and going back to my place. She spilled an entire plate of Italian food on her blouse and skirt. Went into bathroom to rinse it out and left clothes in bathtub to soak. I was still wiping up marinara sauce off the couch and carpet when she came out wearing one of my shirts over her tights. She was crying, I told her we would just share my plate. She said something about me being soooo sweet to her, yada yada, then said, ';I'm ready to get married, how about you?'; I said, ';Yeah, I guess so.'; She sort of barked back, ';You guess so!!! Is that all you have to say about it?'; I replayed the scene in my mind and asked, ';Was that a proposal?'; ';Yeah, I guess it was.'; ';Well why didn't you say so?'; She said, ';Will you marry me?'; I got up and gave her a both hands on both cheeks kiss and said ';YES.'; We got married 2 days later, on a Chicago beach, at sunrise over Lake Michigan, with our friends, flowers, and a gallon of Ripple wine. That was 43 wonderful (mostly) yrs ago this month.
yea i asked , if he ever could see us married %26amp; he said yea , i only asked so i knew where i stood with him as i had moved away from all my family %26amp; friends to live in scotland with him so if he didn't see us lasting there would have been no point in me %26amp; him being together , i also proposed to him but he said no as he told me that was his job to ask me








in jan this year he finally proposed
We talked about it here and there...we actually talked about starting a family before we got to the marriage part lol...i would ask him from time to time if it was ever going to happen...he would always say to me..if i keep asking him and nagging him about it..it'll just take longer...so i suggest you let him do this on his own without you having to push and pressure him in doing so..guys are different from girls and they don't like to tell us every little move they make especially with something as big as a marriage proposal...give it time and just live life to the fullest. Good Luck and hope u get that proposal soon =).
we have talked about it for a couple of years now ( we have been together 8 years) I am still waiting for a proposal from him, to be honest i think i have waited long enough. I am thinking of leaving him if he does not propose soon because i think i shodul just take the hint that he is not interested.
No, but the man was kinda sneaky...





he found a website where you can design your own rings (not just engagement/bridal) and we spent a few hours, both of us, designing rings as a game....little did I know he was getting a feel for what I like %26amp; don't like....





it was in the back of my head he was fishing for ideas...for a christmas gift (it was just before Thanksgiving), NOT an engagement ring.


..and his proposal came as a complete surprise.
YES! We talked about it many many times. We were together for 6 years before he proposed but it was a surprise when it happened. I knew he wanted to wait until he was sure he was ready to get married.
Yes, we had discussions about our future. Communication is a very big part of relationships.
its ok to drop hints guys can be slow

No comments:

Post a Comment