Thursday, January 21, 2010

Is gay marriage really the biggest issue pertaining to this nation?

I understand that yes, this is a hot-button issue. I, myself, do not support it, but I do realize that this is not one of the major issues affecting our nation, like the economic bailout fiasco, or the unemployment in America, or the mortgage circus. What are your thoughts...Is gay marriage really the biggest issue pertaining to this nation?
u are forgetting one very important issue....THE WAR...gay marraige is the last thing this country has to worry about...in my opinion adults should be able to decide for themselves who they want to marry...be them gay or straight...i wouldn't like to be told how to be happy and who to be happy with...Is gay marriage really the biggest issue pertaining to this nation?
I agree that's it's not the MOST important issue, but one of them. If we approve gay marriage we're one step closer to equality. Are you saying that what MLKJ did wasn't a big issue or that it didn't make a lot of things better? I mean, all those things you mentioned are temporary and/or happening to us right now, but people have always been gay and always will be. So, if you think about it, it's an issue that will always be going on until we solve it. I won't go away.
It's the biggest civil rights issue. The economy, in the state that it is, is the largest issue overall at the moment, with healthcare in the second.





I do support it, and it really shouldn't have to be a big issue, since it's kind of common sense, but I understand that there are other very important things to be focused on at the moment.
WE have economic problems, health care problems, environmental issues, etc. We as a country are failing - and people worry about issues like abortiaon and gay marriage.





Why in the midst of all our issues do we care about what other people are doing with their lives / bodies? It's not like gay marriage is going to make our country fall apart. I support gay marriage, but I've noticed that most people who don't agree with it are religious people (which I'm not) - but again, why are we stressing on the minor issues when people's lives are literally falling apart at the seams?






No. But it is a serious issue. Not the gays being able to marry so much as the nation subsidizing divorce. Instead of a culture shaming people who get haphazardly married and then divorced, we need a culture that values family above all else. If our country fails, which it is accelerating towards, it will be because we devalued the basic structure of family.
No u are right it is NOT the BIGGEST issue but yes i do support it...





OMG whoever said that nobody should care about gay people should be the one going to hell cuz i am friends with a few gay people and that is very offending!! and i think it is SICK that being gay should be thought of as that HORRIBLE to religeous people and all people!! Do what u want people!





BTW LOLZ I AM STRAIGHT!!!!
Because, it is detailed in the Book of Isaiah that when the nations rulers put a stamp of approval on gay activity, it is the beginning of the end of that nation.





I can just hear lots of snickers about this statement, but that is Bible prophecy also.
I don't think it's important to the country at all. It may be important to gay people, but to the majority of Americans, the economy is more important.
on a personal level it makes me think Biden is a more fare person that supports equal rights, lets just say out side of the political issue in my eyes he is a better person and I hope all the gay people vote for the Democrats
Yea i stay neutral with the gay topic but I totally agree that is not an important issue right now. The important issue right now woould be the Economy, unemployment, mortgages and immigration.
Its no where close. Thats the least of our worries, and besides people should have the right to marry who they want whether it be the same or different sex. Its stated in the 1st amendment.
I don't think it's THAT big a deal to most Americans right now. Granted that and abortion are the main reasons we ended up with Bush for 4 more years but now, I don't think it matters to most.
WHY are people so afraid to change and accept people for who they really are? It shouldn't even be a question, just pass the law for Gay Marriage and move on to more important issues!!
i don't think this is a major issue. I think global waring is a major issue



No, it isn't.





The VP debate spent less than a minute on this subject. That doesn't make it the biggest issue ... just makes it an issue.
They agree anyway


Gay marriage will be law when America catches up with the new millennium, its about freedom
Its probably the least important issue for me.
No, because I dont care what they do but MANY people are republicans vote with their party because of they are against Gay Rights.
NOT IMPORTANT AT ALL!!


NEITHER IS ABORTION!!! (ROE V. WADE WILL NEVER BE OVERTURNED, SO IT SHOULDN'T MATTER WHERE ANYONE STANDS ON THE ISSUE)
I think we have more important manners that gay marriage. :)
For the liberals, yes. I do not support it, either.
IDK.





I thought it was supposed to be about ';Foreign Policy';.
If gay marriage is our biggest issue, we've got some serious problems.. This should not be an issue.
No and none of the two parties are making it a priority or talking this much about it.
No. Let's move on.
My thoughts are put that up for a vote to. ID LOVE to vote agnst that!!!!!
If your weak on every issue is
Not in my book.
No, but it is important.
I know! What is the big deal either way!
Its an issue but it doesnt hold a flame to our economy or the war in Iraq!

No comments:

Post a Comment