Saturday, January 23, 2010

What is the point of abstaining from sex until marriage?

I'm 15, and pretty much all of my friends have lost their virginity by now. It's been so easy to keep from doing it but all of a sudden I feel like there's all this pressure, and part of me is insisting I'll be happier if I do have sex now instead of waiting.


I envy my friends. It'll be like a whole decade if I wait!What is the point of abstaining from sex until marriage?
As a woman who waited til I was married let me tell you.....





It is the best decision I've ever made. Sex is not just a recreational sport. It's about love and commitment and there is nothing more satisfying than sex with a person that you love and are spending the rest of your life with and knows loves you right back. Also, people really respect you when you wait. It takes a lot of will power but it's totally doable...and I'm not just talking about everything except intercourse...blow jobs, fingering....everything. It's so much better to wait for the whole package.What is the point of abstaining from sex until marriage?
if you have sex now you really wont have anything to look foward to in the future

Report Abuse



Until you are in a serious relationship where true love is present, you will not get the full pleasure out of the experience. The reason people wait is because of the value that it adds to a meaningful relationship. You want to be with someone who values that same thing and recognizes how special that experience is. You don't have to wait until marriage unless that is something you truly believe is right, but you will be happy you waited until you are at least in love. Not to mention, you want to be sure that the person you are having sex with really likes you and not the fact that you will have sex with them. And that is not just a teenage thing ...that's how men are.
It's a somewhat dated and somewhat invalid idea or belief that was much stronger in decades past.





Back then 3 out of 4 marriages didn't end in divorce as they do now. No matter when you decide to have sex for the first time, and no matter if you wait to get married or not you still run numerous risks. What if you did find that ';perfect'; someone, married, had sex, got pregnant, had a kid, and then that ';perfect'; match left you for someone else? What if that ';perfect'; someone decided he wanted to get some on the side? There are all sorts of things that can go wrong even if you wait.





The best thing is know what it feels right between the two of you. Don't do it just to do it, for money, or because of peer pressure. Then again don't wait just because ';It was the way you were raised'; either. Marriage is nowhere near as sacred as it once was, and therefore should not necessarily be waited upon to start having sex.





Hope that helped.
Well, it is a sin to have sex before you are married, but probably like 98 percent of people don't follow that rule anyways... God asks us in the Bible to wait to have sex until we have found ';the one'; and until the wedding night. He says the reward is great and you will have that much closer and sanctified relationship with your spouse.





I have chosen to wait, and I actually have lots of friends who are waiting too, so maybe it is on an upward trend??? Maybe not, but hey, it would definitely not be a bad decision to wait. No reason for shame, it shows alot about you and your character...





Hope this helps, and good luck! :)
The usual answer to this is that sex is part of marriage, and separating that from marriage and enjoying it on its own cheapens relationships. Giving up your body to many others devalues it and makes it less special. One writer called sex no more than a horizontal handshake. She was being bitter.





But, it's up to you. Hormones are running high, people get lonely, do what you want. You will anyway.
you might feel all this pressure now but a decade later do you want to say you had sex with this guy you can't stand to even look at in the yearbook because all your friends ';pressured'; you into doing it? wait until you're out of highschool then all those friends will go their own seperate ways... BTW sex never feels good the first couple times
I sit on the fence with this - my first guy was my husband (and I was his first), and then he decided that he wanted to be with other people after about 5 years.





So I have had a few partners since then - but I was having serial partners at age 30-something when I was more aware of my own identity and if things didn't work out, I was able to put it into some kind of context and know it wasn't just because of my failings that it didn't work.





Sex is a really intimate thing if you are going to do it well and enjoy it (I might add I see a lot of teens on here who get into it and don't seem to be enjoying it that much) - so it is not something to be wasted on just some random guy.





You need to first of all know yourself and know what you want before you have sex, and I think that I would not have known those things much before 20 years old.
because SEX has a point. to make babies. and to bond/unite more closely a couple bound together by matrimony.





ask yourself if you're willing to give the most precious most beautiful gift you will ever be able to give anyone to one of the boys you could have sex with now.





why wouldnt you want to wait for your future husband? virginity is a completely beautiful gift that can only be given ONCE.
Ok Think long and hard because once you make this choice it could change your entire life. I got pregnant at 17 on the pill. She is 11 now and I wouldn't trade her for anything but I still wonder what if I had made different choices. Also make sure when you do that it is with someone you really love and trust. Respect yourself enough to wait until you are sure you are ready.
i have always wondered that my self. but you have to respect. the people that do want to wait. and wait and wait.
it is your choice...





if you want sex, have it... if you don't, then don't... :D
i no what u mean its the same with me but nothing is wrong wit w8ing.
The point of abstaining from sex is to find out who you are as compared to who your friends are. I didn't wait until marriage, myself, but I did wait until I was in a relationship with someone I cared for very much (we are now married). Having sex because all your friends are doing it is the worst reason to do so. You will be happier waiting until you know in your heart and mind that you are with someone who you trust and care for and who trusts and cares for you, too. Sex means nothing if you just have it for the sake of having it.
I'm right there with ya chica.





I never imagined I'd ever consider NOT waiting until marriage...





Now I'm considering...





The idea sounds so... I dunno... My friends and I always like the same things and they say it's fun... So I kinda wanna try it.





But it's morals. I've grown up being hounded about it's for marriage. And when I think about it, they're right. If you have sex with someone before you're married, what's left for your husband? I think it'd be awesome to have something to give him and only him.





So I'm waiting. Even though I've come uber close already with my boyfriend :(

No comments:

Post a Comment