Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Is there any one who believes after infidelity a marriage could survive?

For women or men I'm just curious how many actually had the heart to forgive? Truly forgive? Do you know of anyone who went through this? Was there a set time on the healing process for them?Is there any one who believes after infidelity a marriage could survive?
For me, it was impossible to forgive and forget. But, I know of many couples who actually survive infidelity. Is there any one who believes after infidelity a marriage could survive?
Yes, it can. I think if the person who cheated realizes the mistake and consequences, it can not only survive, but can get stronger. Marriage is a contract and if one person reneges on it, there are fallout's, but it does not mean an end to the contract. However, repeated mistakes can mean an end to a relationship, whether personal or professional.
I don't know - I know people who have been through this and are still married. Even some whose marriages are stronger, because they learned from the experience. I don't know if I could go through that and forgive. As for a timeline, I think that you never forget that kind of pain or betrayal, but that you have to make up you mind to move past it and not let it rule the rest of your marriage, if you plan to stay together. I'm sure the time it takes to do that depends on the individuals involved the the circumstance.
Me and my husband are going through that right now, I cheated and its only been a short while. I am in doubt that it will work yet I dont put forth the effort needed to make the marriage work, Im afraid to get close to him thinking he might get even and he cant get close to me because hes afraid I will hurt him again. Some people do survive and thats why we are together trying to take one day at a time. But only time will tell.
Yeah you can. You just have to be willing to forgive and not bring it up. When my fiance cheated on me I would bring it up all the time. He would say, ';Babe, are you gonna do the dishes.'; My response of course was, ';Why don't you tell that ***** to wash your dishes. That went on for about 2 years. You have to let it go because if you don't it will destroy your relationship. Which I almost did to mine.
Yes. With God all things are possible. It is hard though - you are probably SICK about this. But remember, in sickness and in health. Just because one person breaks vows, doesn't give the other a free pass... it is still hard work. Set time: life. True forgiveness is a process, you have to start somewhere and keep going.





Most important though, make time for eachother to make new memories instead of dwelling on past heart breaks.
My fiance cheated on me and I forgave him. I also have a friend whose husband cheated on her and they are back together working things out. Yes, relationships can survive. My fiance cheated a year ago and you wanna know the truth? We are better than we were before it happened. I also cheated on him and we decided that it was time to drop the bull sh*t and make our relationship work. Of course, trust issues are there but we are working on it slowly. P.s. we put God in charge of our life and that was a big step to staying together. Without God we wouldn't be making it this far!
If I believed that my husband wanted to be with me in the long run, I would not hold a one-off sexual indiscretion against him. But if there was a pattern of lies and disrespect throughout the relationship, I couldn't forgive that or live with that.
I don't its so much a forgiveness thing as much as a learning lesson.





Simply put, a relationship is a choice by both sides to stay together.





FYI, if you are having fun with each other you bond is stronger and less likely to stray. The opposite is also true.
i forgave him but it has been 8 years and i haven't forgotten. we have managed to stay friends but are no longer together. we managed to stay together for about 6 monthes after i found out. i guess anything is possible but i didnt have the strength at the time to deal with it.
Yes, life can go on... it requires two people who have God though. I've seen it and I still see it, but the cheater must truly repent and be sorrowful. That's not easy to find, so most times it's not worth making it work.
I believe if both people are willing to, the marriage can last through anything.
I think it could happen, rarely, but that it isn't very likely.
Its never what happens, its always the thoughts people have that determine these things... so only you know the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment