Thursday, January 21, 2010

How should I ask my live-in boyfriend about marriage?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 2 years and have been living together for the past 1.5 years. We plan to stay together indefinitely and have already discussed having children and buying a house together. The only thing that we have not yet discussed is marriage.





I'd like to find out whether he wants to marry me, and if so, when he'd want to do it. But I'm not sure what to say and when to ask him. How should I do it without seeming awkward?





Thanks!How should I ask my live-in boyfriend about marriage?
It's strange that you discussed all things except marriage, why don't you just come out and ask? A marriage won't work if there is not communication and communicating how you feel, your expectations of each other and of the relationship- it's very important.How should I ask my live-in boyfriend about marriage?
That's kind of strange. You talk about having children - the most important committment of two people and purchasing a home - the most important expense in your lives, but, you haven't talked about marriage? Maybe you missed something and he is ';assuming'; you are getting married, as well.





Ask him, clear and to the point. You should be doing the marriage thing, first. (Unless you just want to shack up in a house that you both buy for the rest of your life).
I have a sick feeling in my stomach that this is my girlfriend asking so let me just say this. It won't be awkard at all if your sure that he wants to marry you. It will only be awkward if he's not sure or hasn't decided.


If he says yes I want to marry you, your very next question should be. should we set a date? or a time period like next may - september.





Whats going on in your relationship that you would ask that in yahoo instead of asking him? your not sure that he wants to marry you?
The next time you see a cute baby say, aw isn't she cute? I can't wait to have one some day. Then carry on with the dream (I can't wait until you and I are married and have a home of our own with a white picket fence and then we'll be ready for that baby . . . ) Get his reaction, about the big M word and see how he reacts. If he hasn't brought it up, well, um, that might not be in his plans. Find out before it's too late. Good luck.
If you've discussed children you should have also discussed marriage.





In a marriage there's absolutely nothing you should be tentative about discussing.....and if there is you're not ready for marriage.
I don't understand if you two have already discussed staying together indefinitely, children, and buying a home how marriage could be awkward. Bring marriage up the same way you did these other things.
The next time you two talk about having children, then talk about what their last name would be - yours or his. When he says it would be the same name, then simply say ';oh, so we'll be married then?';
If you plan on staying together... whats the rush to get married?





Do you want his money.. or just the title of ';wife';? Don't ruin something great by bringing up something that doesn't need to be brought up.
if you already discussed having children then why would it be awkward talking about marriage?
Do NOT buy a house with him or have babies with him until you are his wife! I told my BF if I get pregnant he either marries me or I will leave him and probably have an abortion. Or id have the baby and make him pay child support but never be with him again if he didnt marry me asap.





You need to tell him that you wont have kids or buy a house until you are married. Let him know you have self respect and want marriage.





Read Steve Harvey's book ';act like a lady think like a man';. I read it and wish he had written it 10 years ago! It is funny and a true insight to what men are really like. Steve says ';men respect standards so get some';.





And my standard is that I wont be an unwed mother. So I didnt ask him to marry me. I told him that if by chance I ever got pregnant that is what I expect, marriage. Or else the relationship is over. And if he isnt ok with that he would let me know. He is fine with that. And I have told him that in a few years I want to get married and he also wants that. I know this because I TALKED to him about it. That is what you have to do. Let him know you expect marriage once you have been together for so many years (make a time limit. Say once you have been together 4 years or less, or whatever is good for you).
  • isotretinoin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment