Saturday, January 23, 2010

What would you as a mother have regret allowing your husband to adopt your daughter after the marriage fails?

What would you as a mother have regret allowing your husband to adopt your daughter after the marriage fails, but he was a very good father and he still want to continue to be a good father to her, but does not want family court involved? He wants 50/50 custody with no child support for both parents, but either parent can see her any time they want to? What would you as a mother have regret allowing your husband to adopt your daughter after the marriage fails?
I would still suggest getting something written up, a contract perhaps. As a soon to be mom, it would be hard for me to allow my daughter to get adopted by my ex.. but if its for the better, I would do it. If you both are steady financially and what not, I would regret it. But each opinion is different.What would you as a mother have regret allowing your husband to adopt your daughter after the marriage fails?
You need to specify if he's her biological child or not.


if shes his biological child, adoption is not necessary.Court is necessary to get child support no matter how you try to get around it.


If, however, he is NOT her biological father, i would


1)not allow adoption


2) child support would not happen, hes not her father! yu wont get child support. And he would not be allowed to see her, he has no right to request child support. If the marriage failed, theres a reason. Move on with your life.
It may be hard but your daughter needs her father. (Is he not the biological father??) My step father raised me and I am grateful for it, my biological father was never around and still to this day has my number but wont even call.. I think if he is a good father and you and your daughter are ok with it I say go for it, every child needs two parents. If you miss her call her and have her over It would be hard but your daughter would benefit from it.
Why regret it? At one point in your lives, that is exactly what you wanted.He is a good father and she should continue to be in her life.





I say, as long as he is not making things difficult with your own little custody agreement, then the courts don't need to be involved.If he starts playing games, then involve them.





Good luck.
sounds to me like you have a great guy on your hands. weather or not you want to be in a relationship with him anymore, I think that would be great for your daughter. and he sounds like a great guy. I would let him.
it sounds great, you may want to get it in a document of some kind so he can't change his mind later. but sounds great.

No comments:

Post a Comment