Thursday, January 21, 2010

How can I register my wedding under the Special Marriage Act in India?

I am an Indian getting married to a UK citizen (he is not of Indian origin) in India in March 2010. I am looking at options to register the wedding in India, but am unable to find information online. I see that both the parties would have to reside in India for 30 days prior to getting married. Is that the only option available to register?How can I register my wedding under the Special Marriage Act in India?
Unfortunately I have no knowledge of this, but I was thinking that possibly the Consulate General of India





http://www.cgisf.org/





';India Consulate'; might have knowledge of this or know of someone who you can contact. Just a thought. Sorry, I wish I knew the answer for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment