Saturday, January 23, 2010

Why do we spend so much time fighting gay marriage?

I really do not see the issue whatsoever. Rights are Rights. You're either equal or you're not. Why do religious people want to run everyone else's life?Why do we spend so much time fighting gay marriage?
I have no clue why some people have a problem with gay marriage, I believe everyone should have the opportunity to be miserable in your marriage. I also believe if you can't trust me with making the right decision for me, how could you trust me with a baby.Why do we spend so much time fighting gay marriage?
It's tokenism. Religious people (mostly Christians) are called upon to be proactive in their defense of of their religion. Therefore, the opportunity to deny giving equal rights to gays in the form of marriage, their perceived holy and sacred right, is a great way to win points with God. Instead of working to develop legislation that makes divorce harder and keeps lawyers from profiting so much from it, they would rather keep people who are going to hell for trying to be happy from participating in the marriage institution. Protecting marriage's ';sacredness'; is a good way to get to heaven quick. That's why they do it. Truly it has nothing to do with protecting anything (and what the hell did they think they were protecting marriage from?) from anyone and it's all rhetoric fueled by hate, self-righteousness, and prejudice. It's so stupid. Gays want marriage for its legal benefits, not its ';holy'; benefits. I guess the religious people forget that the law does not take into account the religious aspect of marriage. Whatever.
I am straight and religeous and I was sadden today when I heard about what has happened in California. I mean, not a few months ago it was totally cool for gay people to marry if they wish but now they are taking that right away from them. I think it is bull crap and I don't know why so many people let it bother them. If it is against their religeon and bugs them,they should just ignore it. I am religeous but I also believe that people should be able to do as they wish as long as it is not hurting anyone. I just wish there was some way to make everyone happy, because i think it is not fair :( I can marry who I choose but if I chose another woman it would be illegal?? i think its messed up.
Because if my marriage is valid my straight neighbor will run off with the mailman, his wife will develop a fatal attraction for the lady who works at the bank, his pit bulls will become twin miniature beagles named Lady Jane and Rochester, their daughter will join Dykes on Bikes and his son will want to become a hairdresser and start dating a guy named Beastly Brucie.
Independently gay marriage is ok in the bible to be legal I believe. Everyone should have the right to choose to go to hell. However, they should not be able to adopt children. It would be unfair to the child. I would of been very mad if the government did that to me.
I think your ? is great, thanks for bringing it up.


The guy who first answered is obviously a fanatic, so it's probably difficult to sympathize with his position.





To be honest with you, I happen to be a lesbian in a committed relationship, I have never tried drugs in my life-who cares if i had anyways seriously, I happen to have spirituality and faith, and also I believe that I have the God-given right to be treated with the same respect as my fellow citizens. Isn't it strange that we are separated in this way? That I am an actual 2nd class citizen in the US, I often cannot believe it myself and I wonder what in the heck I am doing here. Except that I was born here and I feel all of the self righteous ideals that come along with a childhood in the great country of N America.


I don't know who you are or what you do with your free time, but I would urge (even plead with) you to go out and volunteer in the human rights movement, start writing to Pres Obama every day to get Federal Legislation out there, to get us OUR Emancipation Proclamation, bc this #*(%26amp; is not right and somehow someway we have got to get real about it. 40 years after the I have a Dream speech we have a AF Am President, so we all know it's possible to get some DAMN EQUALITY around here, we have to make ourselves heard already ....
I don't know...I think that republicans are so judgemental. they think they are God almighty. They worry so much about what other people are doing with thier personal lives that they are missing the big picture! UGHh!
Idk. I'm very religious, and I'm a lesbian as well. It's just society as a whole.
They don't like others to have fun.Just like Pep Boys.
';Hate dresses well to please a buyer.';
Isn't that in the Bible? JUDGE OTHERS BECAUSE YOU ARE BETTER THAN THEM? :@)
It has nothing to do with religion.





The fact that homosexuality is approved today as a perfectly acceptable lifestyle by educational instruction and the media makes young people more susceptible to homosexual seduction and orientation. If the popular media warned of the consequences of homosexual behavior, and if flagrant homosexuals retreated a bit back into the closet by societal taboo, few biologically normal people, especially at vulnerable ages, would end up experimenting with or adopting such lifestyle. Such would steer those on the biological-sexual margins toward the heterosexual norm.





The raw truth is that homosexuality is damaging, devolutionary, unhealthy and unesthetic. It leads to disease, maladjustment, suicide and a host of other social ills. Saying that it is natural to those who practice it does nothing to alleviate its maleficence. One could easily argue smallpox is natural, therefore it shouldn't be impeded; or even that HIV/AIDS is a life form that is also one of God's creations, and so we have to right to inhibit it. I sympathize with the unhappy predicament of homosexuals and am saddened by their loss of health, happiness and life. Although homosexuality is often portrayed as a harmless lifestyle, when its superficially humorous characterizations are put aside, homosexuality is a behavior that damages both its participants and society at large.

No comments:

Post a Comment