Thursday, January 21, 2010

What's so horrible about not believing in interracial marriage?

I personally have no problem with interracial marriage, but I'm willing to accept that some people are just not comfortable with the idea. As long as they're not trying to outlaw interracial marriage, I'm not going to throw stones at them. Does anyone else see where I'm coming from?What's so horrible about not believing in interracial marriage?
Yeah. I agree with you. Not everyone has to agree with everything that goes on in the world. But they do have to tolerate things such as interracial marraige. It's all about being tolerant even if you don't personally agree.What's so horrible about not believing in interracial marriage?
Personally, I don't have an issue with interracial marriages or relationships!





There are people who are uncomfortable with any ';non-typical'; relationship! Whether it be interracial or homosexual. Usually, this is due to generations of family beliefs which is moved from one generation to the next. As children we are taught by our parents, and inherit many of their views.





In my situation, when I told my dad I was attracted to black men, he told me to never come home if I was ever involved with one. My first husband was hispanic and now my second husband ( and the love of my life) is black! My family loves him and although they were uncomfortable at first, ( I don't think they have ever interacted with a black person before) they totally love him now.





I think it is sad that people are not more open minded and loving. People are people,regardless of the color of our skin.





So yes, I completely know where you are coming from! :)
Live and let live is how I try to live my life. I judge nobody. Not even people who disagree with me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they don't go around imposing that opinion on others who do not share it.
Absolutely...to each their own. People are entitled to their beliefs.....they just aren't entitled to force their beliefs on everyone else.
Indeed. There are no laws against having a small mind. As long as those folk do not impose their views upon me or my own, they are free to live their little lives and think their little thoughts.
well said Chaz. my thoughts exactly.
How do we ever lighten up? Are you some kind of racist?

No comments:

Post a Comment