Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Do you think marriage with foreign woman is a threat to egyptian woman?

hi there,do you think that marriage between egyptian man and foreign woman is a threat to marriage opportunity of egyptian woman?Do you think marriage with foreign woman is a threat to egyptian woman?
yes Ahmed i think so ...


but if you you just thinked for a while ... you will configure out that its so hard to get married to an Egyptian Lady ...


you know how it works with Mother - in law and the PACKAGES of demands before marrige ... etc.


any way Happy Eid ... :)Do you think marriage with foreign woman is a threat to egyptian woman?
no..i don't think so..
In case the Egyptian marriage traditions will be the same, I think it'll be a threat, but not yet.
lool no I don't think so bas ana shayfa en el masryat awla bel regala elmasryeen :P


I think, on the other hand, it's a threat to Egyptian men cuz in most cases they end up getting a divorce
speaking as a foreign woman no i dont think they often last long. in my experience (or rather those of friends and acquaintances of mine) these marriages last sadly for a very short time. many of them are marriages of convenience to allow for sex. after a short time they usually finish. Even those that i really thought would last, that is where the couples really seemed in love and compatable and had been together for some time, finished after a few years. i think there are many reasons for this, but not least is the pressure from home to marry a good Egyptian woman! in the end our roots often pull us back.





esoteric i am really happy to be proved wrong and i agree with much you have to say.... congratulations on your 11 years and i truly hope you are still as happy after another 11 and another etc.
it shouldnt be
This seems to be a bit racial, I am American and have been married to my Egyptian husband for a little more than 11 years, I have stood next to him in his hardships and have dealt with life in Egypt for the past 11 years.





It's not cultural differences that cause breakup of marriages but things that happen inside of the marriage as most marriages have happen, maybe on the side of the foreign woman she might feel that she doesn't have to deal with certain aspects and choose to divorce.





Whereas with an Egyptian there is a social stigma attached and she doesn't look forward to a prospect of living a single life with kids, its hard enough for a man to get married and take care of a woman, how is a woman to make it on her own, it gets even harder, especially if she has kids.





I know at times I think that's it I have had enough I will go back to my own life and live as I wish, but to break up my family because I face hardships is not the person that I am.





So generally speaking of course, men marrying foreign women it is not a threat to Egyptian women. After all men can marry 4 wives. Women on the other hand can marry only one.





Money wise, there are many really rich women who wish to get married, they have tried a few times to hit up on my husband. I am not rich, it is dedication, loyalty, love and respect for each other that has kept us together.





Also Egyptian women expect too much from her husband, a house, an allotment of money, dowry, expensive jewellry etc. Foreign women marry for love and help the husband by going to work for the family also, they build a house and a family together.





Like they say foreign women are cheap wives, but we put forth effort, I don't need a maid to help me keep my house clean, if I have to do it, I get it done without fuss.





Just today I got up and was upset about the house being dirty, I can't wait for a maid to come a few days from now. So I cleaned the bathroom floor, mopped the frontroom and the kitchen, hung out the clothes and put more in the washer. It was a relief after an hour and a half to be able to sit in a clean house and relax feeling that I accomplished something that wouldn't give me peace unless it was done.





I may not like certain aspects of our relationship, but I take the bad with the good. The good outweighs the bad and they say chose your battles wisely. It takes two to make it work.





As we are talking generalities here, I feel that many Egyptian women expect too much, and are very hard to please. I find many of them are upset that he works too much. Me on the other hand I would be happy for that to happen, I have kids, the internet, my work and other hobbies such as reading, writing and knitting. But that's me.





Please don't be so judgemental on foreign women, men in general don't have much to offer women other than kids and more duties.





The good part on Egyptian men is that they love family whereas most American men don't want to tie the knot, its the ole ball and chain idea.





Marriage in Islam is based upon 5 factors: piety (religious), family reputation, money, youth and beauty, but the best is piety.





I guess this question really irks me because I have lived here 11 years and I have personally faced jealously and hatred from Egyptian women, they think I come and take their men, and their jobs and I get paid more. I work and take care of my family and risek comes from Allah.





If you ask Allah for anything it will be as a pin drop of water from the ocean. Do not be afraid to ask him and he will surely provide, from sources you would have never guessed.





Have a Happy Eid and don't fret over petty issues.
Why should it be so? Egyptian women can marry non- Egyptian men. What is the problem here?


In Islam, we should have two criterion for a marriage partner...eman (faith) and compatibility.
IF a woman, or a man, marries for the sake of Allah(swt) then insha'Allah everything will work out...we are made of different tribes so that we might come to know each other....it is a Real fitna how difficult it is these days to get married anywhere, but especially Egypt, Palestine, Jordan etc....the parents often demand waaay tooo much..so sometimes a man feels he has little choice but to look elsewhere. But again if u marry for Islam, u will find a way. I paid one usd maher...because me wife married someone to work towards the jennah with her, Not the dunya. ISLAM is the answer
Not if the Egyptian woman decides to marry a non Egyptian!!


Yes,its a threat and some marriages fail after a while because the real intention wasn't because of marriage but getting a visa, or bragging about marrying a non Egyptian or money.


The word ';foreign'; doesn't have to mean a European or American it could be a woman from another Arab country as well.
  • gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment