Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How long in a relationship should you be talking about marriage and kids?

My boyfriend and I have been together four months now and we are madly in love. We have begun talking about marriage and children more children then marriage but im just wondering is four months the norm or is way off the wall early or what.....How long in a relationship should you be talking about marriage and kids?
it is your choice i would probably say you should get married first that's if u don't live together already see if you can live together then start trying for children! my partner and i have been living together for 2 years and we have a beautiful 11 month old daughter she is a lot of work but also a lot of fun to so it is totally your choiceHow long in a relationship should you be talking about marriage and kids?
It depends on many factors...how old are you....what is your life status.....where are you in your education.....how is your career going.





I knew I'd marry my husband the minute I saw him....I didn't know his name. We dated 3 years before we talked marriage (21 and 29), got married at 5 years (27 and 35) kids at 30 and 38.





We each finished college, I had my masters and we were financially able to buy a home and for me to stay home with our children.





My parents were 19 and 20, dated a year....neither finished college they raised five children (who all did go to college) and have been married for over 50 years.....who is to say?
there is no norm for this just remamber anyone can be on there best behavor for a while ,time will show you who he realy is
Its quite normal if you are really in love and having ideas of a common future life. There are no rules concerning such thoughts on a 4months relationship.


This only means he trully loves u and that he really wants to be with you.A child is like the ';fruit of love';,and if u both speak about having one,means u dont have any reasons to think if its a norm or way off,but only reasons to b happy and to love!!
There is no right answer. My husband and I also knew that we had something special right from the start and I think we spoke of marriage 6 or 7 months in (I don't think that it's weird to talk of it earlier).


Personally, I think that it's wise to wait at least a year before commiting to getting married - it is so important to see the person (your love) in as many seasons as you can before you make the decision. I rushed into an engagement several years ago and ended up calling off the wedding because I started to see things that I hadn't earlier (beginnings of abusive patterns that were masked by infatuation).


So many things to consider: where you are in your careers, what your family thinks (it does matter), your goals, philosophy, and beliefs. I congratulate you for finding someone that your want to grow old with. It is worth taking your time - I am enjoying an awesome marriage with the right guy because we gave ourselves lots of time.
That is fast...My boyfriend (now husband) were together for 9 months before we even had sex. We talked about getting married proably 2 years into dating. We didn't get married until last year (valentines day) and we are both 27 years old. But we have been together since we were both 15 years old and we have a 5 year old son that was planned.





Take it slow....Look how many years i waited to get married. It is really just a piece of paper before we were married we felt married even after we said ';i do'; we didn't feel any different about it.


Good luck
nope, its normal to want to talk about those things. what's difficult is to make it happen! both parties have to be psychologically ready, and financially too.
I tell you what....My hubby and I were together as friends only for about a month, as a dating couple for about 2 weeks, and one night, out of the blue, I asked him if he would like to have a baby with me....he said yes....so then I asked when? And the answer was to go off the pill right away. It was damn near instant that I conceived. And after a few months, we decided we better get married before our baby was born...We like to do things back-wards around here!! Do what feels right to the both of you. Best wishes!!
It depends on the two parties involved. There are no rules about when you start talking about it or even going about getting married. You're in love! It feels great! I have a friend that met and married his wife of 4 years in 9 months. Good luck! Enjoy the love that you have, it's soooo much fun!
I think that 4 months is a rather short time to be making such lifetime plans. Id wait at least a year before you act on your feelings

No comments:

Post a Comment