Thursday, May 13, 2010

Do you need to make an appointment to apply for marriage certificate in Manila Philippines?

Im going to Davao City Philippines this December 2008 and would like to marry my fiancee. I know I need a Marriage Certificate in Manila.





Do you need to call and make appointment or can I just go directly to the Canadian Embassy (I am Canadian) and request an affidavit in Lieu of to contract marriage certificate.Do you need to make an appointment to apply for marriage certificate in Manila Philippines?
I have been told by Canadian Friends that there is no appointment necessary. A few tips:


1. There is a 10 day minimum waiting period is you want the marriage to be 100% legal.


2. Make sure you file your marriage certificate with the NSO and the Canadian embassy if you have any intentions of bringing your wife to Canada one day.


3. Boracay is a nice place for a honeymoon. Stay at the native type places at station 3 to keep the budget reasonable.


4. Marriage is taken very seriously here. There is no such thing as divorce in the Philippines and Adultery is a jail-able offence.





Good luck and Congrats.

No comments:

Post a Comment