Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Is there an adjective that distinguishes uncles and aunts by marriage from those by blood?

I'm looking for an adjective that would indicate that an uncle or aunt is married to a parent's sibling instead of being a parent's sibling themselves. Is there a simple term that does this in the English language?





Thanks in advance.Is there an adjective that distinguishes uncles and aunts by marriage from those by blood?
I dunno.





Paternal/maternal aunt/uncle is through your father/mother's side, but I don't think this distinguishes a genetic relation or not.





I'll see if I can find anything else.





This is a tough one.





Not that I'll ever use the terms, but good question nonetheless!





%26lt;ADDED%26gt;


Still can't find anything, but evidently, the Turkish languae has 3 words for aunt and 3 for uncle, (each a noun) that distinguishes mother's side, father's side, or through marriage.





http://books.google.com/books?id=ou9oXgd…Is there an adjective that distinguishes uncles and aunts by marriage from those by blood?
of course. not by english yes by hinglish
  • gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment