Thursday, May 13, 2010

How important is marriage to you with regard to your beliefs/views?

Please explain why/why not it is importantHow important is marriage to you with regard to your beliefs/views?
Marriage is a beautiful thing, as it lays the base for a family, which is the source of population, and growth.





I personally dont have a problem with gays or lesbians, but it kinda conflicts with the family basis (IM NOT SAYING a gay cant raise a child, so nobody freak out and downgrade this.





So to me, marraige is very important.


Not EVERYTHING, but marriage %26amp; family life plays a big role.How important is marriage to you with regard to your beliefs/views?
It's not important at all to me.





People can make a commitment to each other without a legal bond.





I realize that in some places there are many reasons why a ';legal'; marriage makes more sense in terms of many government provisos, but if I wasn't married I wouldn't live somewhere that didn't give defacto relationships all the legal rights that legally married people have. I consider that marriage is a matter of choice, not a legal requirement.
I think its something that should be taken seriously if entered into. However, I do not think it is necessary to have a marriage to have a good life. Its not for everyone. However, everyone should have the right to the legal contract. I am very big on equal rights.
For me personally it's pretty low on the priority list. I don't see the point of marriage, aside from maybe making taxes a little bit simpler. Why can't two happily committed people just live together? Why do they need a piece of metal on their finger, and a piece of paper saying that they're ';together';?
So many people want to GET love. That is not loving. When you truly love the other person you mean the vows you speak or you are worthless. If something happens and that person changes, you stay there and try to help them return to himself/herself. If you leave then you are selfish. GETTING love is more important than giving it if you leave. When we truly love, we get so much enjoyment from giving that love. With many people these things are just words.
Marriage is a joke. The talk of gays ruining the sanctity of it has already been done by divorce rates, shotgun weddings, multiple remarriages, etc. It's been beaten to death. It's time to bury it as a societal institution. It doesn't mean anything anymore.
My husband is pagan and I am atheist. It was important to us mostly for legal reasons and taxes. Also, we are completely devoted to one another and have no intention of leaving one another, so why not make it permanent (ok somewhat permanent).
I believe the Government should get out of the marriage business altogether and regulate partnerships with civil union laws for everyone, gay or straight and leave marriage up to individual conscience
Marriage isn't important to me in the slightest. However, my wife is very important to me.
It's sacred according to my beliefs/views, so very important.
It's a strictly legal process, by which two people who love each other can share property and start a family.
Marriage is very important , without marriage societies will eventually collapse
It is REALLY important becaus the prophet said that you have completed half of your deen when you get married
It should be a legal right to everyone whether they are gay or straight under law.
Marriage is the right way to keep family. Other ways bring weak people with mental problems.
You need to add some details/explanation to your question.
freedom me be lived with rules

No comments:

Post a Comment