Thursday, May 13, 2010

Should a state limit an individual to just one recognized marriage during a lifetime?

I think there should be a limit of 2, 3 at the most. There is a woman who works with me who has been married 7 or 8 times.. Seriously, 7 or 8 times...(only one ended in death, the others were divorce). It's like if you've tried it 7 or 8 times and haven't been successful yet, you might need to give up!Should a state limit an individual to just one recognized marriage during a lifetime?
And the point of reducing the number of marriages is what? To increase the amount of ';illegitimate'; children born?





I will use my life as an example. My first wife cheated on me, we got divorced. I have 2 boys with her. My current (and final) wife and I have a son together. Under your proposal or question of limiting a person to one recognized marriage, my youngest son would be considered illegitimate. Also, under this question/proposal, if my current lost her job, she would also lose her benefits. What about social security benefits? Should my ex recieve them, even though I was 23 when we divorced and I plan on spending the next 60+ years with my current?Should a state limit an individual to just one recognized marriage during a lifetime?
No, they should just make divorce that much harder to get, and dissolve no fault divorce also.
It's a very good idea -- it hinders 'progressive' thought.
No - what if my spouse is killed in an accident one day after the wedding - why penalise me for such a tragedy?
Nope! Even in the Bible there are references to Divorces.
I don't think a State should even consider getting that much into your private life. Don't you?
Why, what is the benefit of that? There needs to be a reason.
No
no

No comments:

Post a Comment