Thursday, May 13, 2010

How long after marriage did you wait to try and have a baby??

My husband and I are wanting to try and have a baby. We haven't been married to long I was just curoius how long you waited to have a baby? What do you think is best? Thanks in advance!How long after marriage did you wait to try and have a baby??
I think most couples should wait at least a year. Just my opinion. Hubby and I have started trying during the month of our 3 year wedding anniversary and we have now been trying for 18 months. I think it is a matter of if both people are ready and if your relationship and finances can take on a baby then go for it. Best wishes to you!!!!!How long after marriage did you wait to try and have a baby??
My husband and I waited one year - almost to the day - of being married before starting to try to have a baby. We got a positive pregnancy test on the third month of trying! Good luck and most importantly - have fun! :)
I've been married for three and a half months, and we've been trying since we got back from the honeymoon and I stopped my pills!





Everyone is different...do what works for you and your husband and don't worry about what others say or do :)





Congratulations!
We waited just over a year before we started TTC. But we'll celebrate 10 years of marriage in July and are due this month with our first child.
Everyone wants something different! If you feel you're ready, than go for it. We went off b.c. around 9 months after our marriage, but I thought ';If it happens, it happens, if not, than fine!'; I really thought it would take at least a few months! I got pregnant two weeks after going off the pill, though... ;) Good luck!
I would wait in till both are you are ready, have money to raise it and happy but ttc may take a while. My husband and I have been trying for 18months now and still nothing. I am a lot more ready for a baby now then I was 18months ago (money wise)! I would keep that in mind. I think its different with everyone. Waiting in till your life is normal again is mostly the best thing to do. Most people want to have fun together right after they get married, not settle and have a baby right away. Waiting gave you time to feel what its like to be married. I think you did the right thing and now your baby will have a stable home and family.


Good Luck! Baby Dust for us all!
My husband and I ';accidentally'; got pregnant ON our 7 month anniversary! =) Everyone is different and different circumstances sometimes warrant trying quickly or waiting.
My husband and I just started trying and we have been married for about a year and a half. We are more stable now than when we first got married with good jobs and a house.
We had our son 1 day after our 2 year anniversary. Talk about a good gift:)
I started right before we got engaged then he asked to marry me then we got married. We tried before. But we new we wanted to get married. We got married July 13 2007. Plus we have a 2 year old son so we had a baby before.
My hubby and I got pregnant without trying 8 months into our marriage but lost that baby in a miscarriage just short of 7 weeks...About 3 months after the miscarriage we put the condoms away (I had already been off the pills for a while) and we have been trying that way for about 3 months...I am about 4 days late right now and hoping we may have sealed the deal in December but I'm waiting a few weeks to do an HPT test as I found out so early in my last pregnany and it ended in miscarriage.





I recommend you do what's right for you...I think it's great to have time together just as husband and wife without having a baby/being pregnant that way you can be settled in your relationship when a baby does come...





Maybe you and your husband (if you're both ready) can start with just not using birth control before moving into actively trying to conceive (charting/temping etc.)





Whatever you choose, just remember to have fun and make sure that you keep the sex part in your marriage alive and fun and not just for baby making!!





Good Luck to you!!
I would say to start trying whenever you are ready and to keep in mind that sometimes ttc can take a while . . .





We were married for 2 years before we started trying but I was changing careers, finishing school and stuff like that so were just weren't ready when we first got married. I also think that it gave us time to be together as a married couple for a while before adding a child to the mix.
We waited about a year and have been trying for about three months now :)
We waited a little over a year and got pregnant the second month we were ttc. Now our baby will be born right around our wedding anniversary.
whenever you are ready
Everyone is different. I say whenever both of you are physically, mentally, and financially ready for a baby, go for it. My husband and I have been married for 5 years now. We have wanted a baby since we got together but we knew it wasn't time yet. We wanted to make sure we had some alone time for just us before we brought a baby home. We have waited so we could buy a house and be financially stable to take care of a child. We have accomplished a lot of our goals that we wouldn't have been able to with a child. Now we are super excited and totally ready for our little baby to arrive in July! Good Luck!
Well ... we had our oldest 8 years before we got married and I was 8 months pregnant with our second son when we DID get married. As much as I adore our boys, if I could go back and do it all over again I would have waited a couple of years after we got married to have kids. He's in the Amr yand usually gone, but when we are all together we don't get much time to each other. But, we LOVE LOVE LOVE our boys. Theres a different kind of togetherness when you have kids. Its just as precious as the time alone. Love and laughter flow freely. God bless!!
we waited 7 months after our wedding to try to conceive. He's 30 and I'm 27. It took us 8 months of trying to conceive. It may take awhile! good luck!
We didn't even wait to start trying. We became a couple in February of 2005, started TTC in October of 2005, got engaged April of 2006, and got married February of 2007. Currently still TTC.
We have been trying since about 4 months after our wedding. Whatever works for you is the best time- no one else's schedule will work for you two.

No comments:

Post a Comment