Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I was not able to file adjustment of status after marriage, What will happen to my status?

We was not able to file adjustment of status because my husband's affidavit of support was expired. So, we renew it again. What will happen to my status now as a K1 visa since we are very late in filing adjustment of status. Please help me.I was not able to file adjustment of status after marriage, What will happen to my status?
On a k-1 visa, you must apply for adjustment of status before your visa expires. Visa expires 90 days after you entered the U.S. Unfortunately their is no renewal option on k-1 visa's. If your visa is expired you will need to apply from outside the U.S. using form I-130 petition for Alien Relative. I would suggest you check with an attorney if indeed your visa is expired.I was not able to file adjustment of status after marriage, What will happen to my status?
You people are idiots. She already entered the U.S. on a K-1 Visa and married within 90 days, per the rules. An I-130 (K-3) is a Visa for spouses who need to ENTER the U.S., THEN adjust, or who entered on another visa and have to adjust. Even AFTER her I-94 expires, she can still adjust status.

Report Abuse



She is a K-1. She has to adjust, no matter how long it's been. If she leaves the country without adjusting, she will most likely be denied ANY other Visa, whether it be Tourist, etc. You gave her crap advice. Hope she didn't follow it. No matter HOW long it's been since your I-94 expires, adjust!

Report Abuse



after the 90 days your visa is now expired and are illegal you need to exit the usa and petiton under the I130 good luck and keep lots of fee moneys handy

No comments:

Post a Comment