Sunday, May 9, 2010

How many of you feel repressed in you relationship or marriage?

What is the reason for your repression and how has it effected your life? I don't necessarily mean bad relationships, just those where you feel you can't be the person you was single.How many of you feel repressed in you relationship or marriage?
I actually did not realize it at the time, because I had anxiety anways, but during my marriage I was easily intimidated into not sharing my opinions or views or desires. I was led to believe that they were not important or foolish or odd. Being with other people since then has been a real eye-opening experience.How many of you feel repressed in you relationship or marriage?
Yes it is common I feel .


Not sure always why this should be. On the one hand we seek intimacy, and on the other we seek freedom. Can the two be in harmony.


Communication is the key and mutual respect of the knowledge you can never own another human being.....even with the ring on your finger to prove something or other.


So many folks then repress the real them in order to conform to the perceived nromality of marriage. What is normal however is what works for two individuals who share their lives. Repression is not a healthy ingredient.
life is represeeive
I'm a Stay-at-home Dad and I know that most married people Are repressed and can't continue being the same people they were when they were single, it's called maturing!





Although, when were in bed, she doesn't do as much as she did when we were single!





I don't like animals except when they're babies, but when there grown they should be made to get a job or something.





I let them in the house, in the morning (my wife would stop the world if I didn't) and by the time you let them out at night there's hair all over the house.





The dog loves urinating in the hall and you don't realize it until have to use it ( like stepping on sponges filled with warm water) (my wife says,'; you should let the dog out more';)





Just like teenagers, all they do all day is mess up the house


but you never have to worry about letting out the kids! It's wonderful when they get a job!





Actually, trudging through the daily cesspool of life, is part of marriage and if you cant live in it, you probably made a mistake!








Go figure!
i do





i don't know why





i love my partner
of course you cant be the person you were when you are single. you have to take another persons needs into the equation. as a father i have to take into account the needs of a few people before my own, i would honestly say that about 80% of the time i am doing something i would not be doing if i was single, but thats why you have to think hard about your partners, it does help if you choose someone who wants the same things out of life that you do.
Not I - I never married - so am freeeeeeeeee
Not at all Raziel.


I'm :


Content


Thankful


Happy





When I was single I was not necessarily better than now.


And since it was so long ago I don't know how I would feel now if I had never married.

No comments:

Post a Comment