Sunday, May 9, 2010

I need to find out the date of my marriage and divorce and I don't have access to my documents. How do I find?

I know it sounds terrible but it was a long time ago and lasted 1 month. Are they public record? Do I just go to a courthouse?I need to find out the date of my marriage and divorce and I don't have access to my documents. How do I find?
You might be able to access them online through the courthouse. Otherwise you can go to the courthouse and get the documents. They are public record.I need to find out the date of my marriage and divorce and I don't have access to my documents. How do I find?
YES, they ARE public record! IF you know the county where you got married, call the court house in that county %26amp; ask for records on marriage. You CAN get a ';raised seal'; copy of your marriage %26amp; divorce paperwork the SAME EXACT WAY. They'll tell you the charges for each, send them a ck. or money order, which ever they'll accept, %26amp; upon their receipt of your money, they'll send you the ';raised seal'; copies of each. I did just this %26amp; had NO problems. IF it was in different counties, call the county for each one. Very easy to obtain. Make SURE you ask for a ';raised seal'; copy, which will make it an ';original'; copy....Best to you...:)
Go to a court house or check on-line.

No comments:

Post a Comment