Sunday, May 9, 2010

Any North American women that have had a successful marriage to a Brazilian man?

I am divorcing my husband even though I love him alot and we just had a baby 7 weeks ago. We just can't seem to get passed our differences of opinion and I think alot of it is cultural based. I am wondering if anyone out there has had these problems and worked through them and if so, how? He is just so out there sometimes.Any North American women that have had a successful marriage to a Brazilian man?
I have a friend who's married to a Brazilian man. They seem happy. I'm not so close to her that I would know every little thing that goes wrong, but he seems like a really good guy and they seem to be very happy together.





It's possible he's just a jerk. I've dated foreign guys and found myself to be too permissive of a lot of behaviors because I don't want to be ';culturally insensitive.'; Sometimes we were having cultural misunderstandings, but more often they were just being jerks.





Brazilian guys are just like American guys - they can be great, they can be jerks, they can be caring, they can be egomaniacal. You know deep down whether he's inherently a good guy or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment