Sunday, May 9, 2010

How will marriage change my taxes?

I live in Florida and got married about a year ago. We both have full time jobs. Should we file single or jointly? What's the difference [in regards to tax filing, please -- I know the difference between ';single'; and ';jointly'; :-) ]? Thanks!How will marriage change my taxes?
Taxes will go down, file jointly and refund will be greater.How will marriage change my taxes?
You cannot file as single. You have the choice of married filing jointly or married filing seperately. In 99% of cases, married filing jointly results in lower taxes. To check for your specific case, enter your information in a tax software like TurboTax and it will automatically tell you which status will result in lower taxes.
Be careful, it didn't help me a bit. I had to end up paying in when I got married. She didn't have enough taken out of her check and when we got married, it showed up and then booom!!! All of a sudden I was paying in instead of getting money back..My luck with the neurotic women of this world..

No comments:

Post a Comment