Sunday, May 9, 2010

Is it okay to renew vows at 5 years to represent a turning point in our broken marriage?

Hubby and I had been married a few years when I found out he was not in love with me and only married me because he felt obligated to. After considering divorce we decided to try counseling and worked it out. Is is appropriate to renew our vows since they really didn't mean anything to him the first time around at our 5 year anniversary.Is it okay to renew vows at 5 years to represent a turning point in our broken marriage?
Only if he means them this time. Would be kind of pointless if he still just feels obligated.Is it okay to renew vows at 5 years to represent a turning point in our broken marriage?
Perosnally, I don't see the harm in that, my parents fight but they get their vows renewed all the time, it's normal. Once you hit that turning point you have a reason too. :)
Of course, there are no rules that I've ever heard of about renewing vows. That is a personal thing. So if you both want to do it, go ahead.


I'm so glad it all worked out. I wish you many happy years!!
Absolutely. This is why vows should be renewed, not simply because a couple have reached a chronological milestone. Congratulations.
It is absolutely appropriate. Kudos to both of you for giving your marriage a second chance!
You can renew them any time you feel the need to do so.
That's your choice but if the words meant nothing to him the first time why do you think they will this time, it sounds like he is only staying for the kids.
of course; you can renew vows at any time you feel it is appropriate
I think it would be great thing to do to reestablish your committment to oneanother
Sure, why not? But I'm not givin' ya another toaster--nooo spank you!
It's absolutely appropriate. But are you sure you want to be with him if he doesn't like you?
sure it's okay! just don't expect for the ceremony alone to solve all the issues. Good luck and keep working at it!
I say yes! It would be a symbol of your commitment to the marriage. I think it's a great idea!
Oh gosh, I wouldn't do that in public/in front of other people. I think it would be much better in private -
Why wouldn't it be? Who are we to say you shouldn't? Girl go live your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment