Sunday, May 9, 2010

Is a marriage in trouble if you feel you lost your roots and yourself along the way?

Is it in trouble when it leaves you with feelings of depression?Is a marriage in trouble if you feel you lost your roots and yourself along the way?
I know I did. I've told my husband that our marriage is in trouble. It's all my fault because I changed for him and after 7 years of marriage (we've been together for 10) I realized that I lost myself and I want me back! At the time, I didn't realize I was making such drastic changes for him. Love really can blind you. This is so sad, but it happens. I asked my husband if we could try marriage counseling and he exploded. He told me I better never mention counseling again. I hope you have better luck than I did. Best wishes.Is a marriage in trouble if you feel you lost your roots and yourself along the way?
Not necessarily. We all lose ourselves with children, marriage, and life. Depression could be many things right now...lets face it if theres any extra money and enjoyment then you're a minority. Focus on what you're doing wrong and speak to him about things he needs to work on. Communication is everything in a marriage and it sounds like its broke down right now. If you want things to work and he's oblivious then it's your duty to correct things and in turn it will help your mindset. Marriage is tough...but don't be a statistic of the many who wouldn't have divorced after they went and did it.
NO! It sounds like your marriage is in trouble because of communication problems. The real question is why do you feel this way and how did you get here? A good relationship means that you grow together. It does not mean that you don't change, but by always communicating you can successfully change together. Don't hide your feelings from each other.
Unfortunately, it is in trouble, but it happens all the time. Moreover, it`s not something that can`t be mended. I can understand you perfectly well, because I`ve been through everything that you`ve described. I tried to patch things up, but it didn`t work. I wanted to divorce him, but my daughter was freaking out. So, I `ve found myself feeding on my daughter`s love and the job I love.


Each family situation is unique. There`s always hope! Wish you wisdom and strength to deal with this situation!
Not necessarily. It means that you have lost yourself not your spouse. You need to find you and talk to your spouse about it. He should be supportive on whatever it takes for you to feel like you again. Try making time to do the things you used to love.
Yes. Depression is dangerous and you need to love yourself enough to take care of yourself and you must not be if you are depressed. Trust me sometimes I feel like I'm in the same boat you're in.
Yes...I would never follow my man everywhere that he goes, I know a lot of women do but I tried it once and was severely depressed and moved back to my home state and I'm not going anywhere.
yes.......and it is good that u have identified the issue..........most marriages have their own share of troubles. seek support doing courses on communication and relationships can help a lot. do tryt hem out
yes. see a couples therapist with your husband or ask if he feels the same way. you may want to try a trial separation to see if its him or you need to give yourself some space. it happens
yes.





You can't lose yourself! if you are faking and being something that you think he'd like more then you've lost yourself. Tell him who you really are.
Yes, OR, you have a problem depression. Seek some medical advise
You've lost your roots? Get some good fertilizer and get them back.
Of course.
  • gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment